Additional Learning Support AssistantLocation: South Downs College Contract: Part time Apply by: Noon on 09/03/2015 Salary: £9.31 per hour We are seeking highly motivated people to join our Additional Learning Support Assistants team. Applicants should be qualified to Level 2 in both Maths and English and be committed to providing outstanding support for our students with additional support needs. Download PDF Job Pack
South Downs College is a Community of excellence delivering outstanding opportunities inspiring and enabling all to fulfil their potential.
As an employee of The College you can access a range of benefits such as:
- Kaarp, an employee’s benefits discount website that offers a range of discount across areas such as: entertainment, finance, health, motoring and shopping
- On site facilities including beauty and hair salon, student run restaurant and gym
- Development and training opportunities and discounts on some College courses
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Free eye test
- GAYE – Tax savings on Charity Giving
- Pension Scheme – LGPS, TP – Death in Service Benefits
- Enhanced holidays over statutory minimum
- Pay and leave that takes into account previous service with some public sector employers
- College closure days in addition to annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Long service recognition
- Free Occupational Health Service
- Employee Assistance Programme that offer advice on work/ career, housing, relationships, children, money, your rights, health and wellbeing, management support and retirement
- Ability to Purchase NUS Extra card
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Access to Costco Wholesale membership
South Downs College is committed to promoting the principles of equal opportunities. The College aspires to an environment where all employees can develop their potential, regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, race, colour, nationality, and religion, ethnic or national origin.
South Downs College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service Check (DBS) in respect of both children and vulnerable adults, and to provide proof of their right to work in the UK.
South Downs College is committed to equal opportunities for all students and staff, regardless of race, gender, age, physical disability, political, sexual orientation or religious affiliations or marital status, and is fundamental to the ethos of the College.
Equality of opportunity and respect for the individual are part of the College’s principles and values, and the College welcomes the benefits that a diverse workforce brings to the Corporation.
Application Form Guidelines
To apply for a vacancy, please download the correct application pack for the post by right clicking on the relevant “Download Job Pack” link and choosing “Save Target As” or similar. The application pack will require an up to date version of Adobe Reader to be installed on your computer. CVs are not accepted unless accompanied by a completed application form.
Please allow sufficient time for your application to reach us by sending your application back before noon on the closing date. It is also important that you use the correct postage, as insufficient postage on a large envelope (such as A4 size) will delay the arrival of your application.
• Complete the application pack on your computer and email it to: email@example.com.
• Print the application pack and return your completed pack to: Human Resources, South Downs College, College Road, Waterlooville, Hampshire, PO7 8AA.
These are available from our downloads section on the right column of any page.
We thank you for your interest in this vacancy, however in the interest of economy, no further communication will be sent unless you are called for interview. Successful applicants will be called for interview within two weeks of the closing date.
Application form, signature section: If you wish to send your application via e-mail you do not need to complete the signature section, but please enter the date. We will obtain your signature on the day of interview, should you be shortlisted.
Thank you very much for your interest in working South Downs College.
View our Ofsted report
View our Mission and Values
View our Full Time Prospectus